Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waiting for COE 2017/9/2 07:34
Hi,

So my husband got a job in Tokyo and now we are just waiting for my COE to arrive so we can book our flights and find an apartment over there so he can start working. My company said it would take about 6 weeks to get my COE, but it's now been almost 8 weeks.

I wasn't worried at first, but I've been lurking online and saw people say that they waited 4-5 months for their COEs to come, which is not really an option for us because my husband's company will not save the position for him forever, and we also just moved out of our place and boarded our cats while we wait.

So I'm not sure what to do at this point. Since my company is the one who sent in the application, is there a way I can get in touch with Immigration myself to ask for an update? Or should I try and get my company to contact them?

Thanks in advance!
-Trevy
by Trevy (guest)  

Re: Waiting for COE 2017/9/2 18:06
If I understand correctly you are both getting in on a work visa?

You can get your company to contact them for a status update, but there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. If it really takes long he may have to move first, with you joining him when your CoE arrives. Is that a big problem for you?
by 88Tim rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE 2017/9/3 00:47
Thank you for your answer! Yes, we're both going on work visas. And it's more that he refuses to leave me here alone, especially if we don't know how long it's going to take. I'm just hoping that those cases that took forever are the "vocal minority" and that it's not common.
by Trevy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE 2017/9/3 04:55
CoE for working visas can take up to 3 months. It's not uncommon for it to be 10 weeks or more. Your husband's company should know this.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE 2017/9/3 06:38
CoE for working visas can take up to 3 months.

They can take up to however long is deemed necessary.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE 2017/9/3 23:24
Hello
It depend on timing and the provided documents
I took my COE in 29 days exactly from Fukuoka immigration office
Until you did not pass the 3 months ( normal time for waiting ) you do not have to worry
One more thing , try to ask your manager to help finding place to live in before you go
I hope everything will goes well for you and your husband
Best of luck
by Saba Man rate this post as useful

Re: Waiting for COE 2017/9/4 08:39
Maybe you better to contact the company, who is applying for the COE.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread