Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

5 Years contract working rule? 2017/9/5 09:12
Hello expats,
I heard that there has been a law that forces companies to make their contract workers 契約社員 and Arubaito workers have a C.Shain 正社員 contract after working for five years in the company.
I am nearly sure that my contract will finish after completing five years in the same company. Guys, what do know about this rule? since I am sure that the company will not make me C.Shain 正社員, is there any (legal)workaround for me to stay in the same company? or there is no option but to leave the company after the 5 years period comes to an end?
Thank you,

by changing (guest)  

Re: 5 Years contract working rule? 2017/9/6 14:45
The earliest that anyone will be able to take advatage of the "five year switch" will be April 1st, 2018.

However, you seem to have been misinformed about the law.

You won't be able to switch from contractal employment to regular employment; you'll be able to switch from limited-term contracts to unlimited-term contracts.

To use Interac as an example: if - as of April 1st, 2018 - you have been working for Interac for a period of five consecutive years, you'll be able to ask the company to transfer you from one-year limited-term employment contracts to an unlimited term contract.

In theory, this will prevent companies from non-renewing contracts as a way to (illegally) dismiss people, as well as saving you the trouble of having to sign a new contract every year.

However, as stated, an unlimited term contract is not the same as regular employment.
by Hanamaru (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Years contract working rule? 2017/9/6 21:46
At some dispatch/haken company, instead of letting go or promote to permanent, they just transfer you to another department or change your work profile to circumvent the 5 years ruling.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread