Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Post EMS 2017/9/5 17:23
I am expecting an EMS package from Japan (I'm in Malaysia), but the last tracking info I get from the Japan Post tracking system is:
09/01/2017 19:40 Dispatch from outward office of exchange

I cannot track it in the Malaysian postal website, because it is not even in the system. I understand that Japan Post has no control on when it reaches Malaysia and when it gets scanned in customs, but for it to not even be in the system is making me think that my package may be lost.

I want to contact Japan Post to ask them about this EMS shipment, but apparently, I cannot phone them from outside Japan. And I do not know anyone in Japan who can phone them on my behalf.

Can anyone provide me some help?
by Cheryl (guest)  

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 11:17
You should ask your local post office.
As you understand, once the package is in your country, Japan Post has no control. You have tracking number, so the local post office (or main post office?) should search it for you.

Important Information regarding Searches
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/delivery/ems_search_en.html

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 11:20
It is not in the system in my local post office. They cannot even track it. Therefore, as far as they're concerned, it hasn't reached my country yet.
by Cheryl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 11:34
Nothing you can do except wait. You answered all your own questions.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 13:28
The package was shipped on the 1st, and it's the 5th. You've hardly waited at all... be a bit more patient! If in a week or more it still hasn't shown up in the system, THEN start looking into it. But right now it could still be in transit, or waiting to be checked in or something. It's only been a few days after all...
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 13:38
Between certain countries, the recipient's postal service acknowledge that it is an express item, and continues to scan the item and sends the information so as to update the tracking after the item left Japan. I have seen full end-to-end tracking from Japan to US, Japan to the UK, Japan to Germany, US to Japan, etc.

However, on some occasions (and in some countries) I have experienced that the postal service of the recipient's country did not scan (or update the status of) the item for quite some time that I received an e-mail from the recipient before the update was made. Surely Malaysia has a tracking system for express and registered services - maybe they failed to scan it at some point in time? I would be patient. It has only been 5 days since it left Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 16:48
I know it has only been 5 days since it left Japan and my wait hasn't been too long yet. But I am worried because there is no information on it in the Malaysian postal website, so it may not even be coming to Malaysia.

But thank you, AK, for your reply. I hope that is the case and maybe someone has forgotten to scan it or something.
by Cheryl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 18:16
The package was shipped on the 1st, and it's the 5th. You've hardly waited at all... be a bit more patient!

The service is called Express Mail Service for a reason. Delivery to Malaysia takes 3 days on average (4 if sent from Okinawa).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 19:41
@Firas Delivery to Malaysia takes 3 days on average

Yeah, business days. 2/3 was a weekend. The advice stands.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Post EMS 2017/9/6 21:52
Also once it enter Malaysian side, it will go through Custom and that is where sometimes the information is delayed.
Normally the tracking data for EMS will delayed for 1-3 days once landed and process by custom.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread