Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

CoE lost in the mail? 2017/9/6 07:00
My CoE was most likely lost in the mail and has not reached its destination.

It has been stuck in the "ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)" since August 31, I have already opened up a case number with USPS but reading about that facility online leads me to believe that it's lost entirely or won't be delivered within the time frame that the CoE is valid for.

I've received mail from Japan before, and all the mail I've sent there has gone through smoothly, I'm coming here to ask what my options are if the CoE is lost, is the Japanese government able to re-issue a CoE? Would it be better to go over on a tourist visa and apply for a change of residency?
by Guest (guest)  

Re: CoE lost in the mail? 2017/9/6 13:44
Since you speak of tracking, I assume it was sent via EMS (Express Mail Service) or Registered? Sometimes the recipient's postal service fails to scan/update for some days. If nothing happens, ask the sender (your employer/school?) to open up an investigation from the Japan Post end as well, as you've done with the USPS. If they conclude that it was indeed lost, the employer/school might be able to request a re-issue.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: CoE lost in the mail? 2017/9/7 04:25
Yes, my school sent it through EMS, I will give it a couple more days to get here or update then I will contact them. Thank you.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CoE lost in the mail? 2017/9/7 09:18
USPS got back to me earlier today, told me it was in customs, I've just checked and now it's cleared. They were just backed up from labor day!
by update (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: CoE lost in the mail? 2017/9/7 11:04
My suspicion is that it will get updated soon, but upon reading a few lawyer's websites, it looks like immigration authorities do not do a simple re-issue; you (or the school) need to apply again, but can write a letter asking if immigration could use the attachments submitted for the earlier application (give the number) made on (a date), so that you can save the hassle of gathering up all the documents over again. Best wishes.

Re: CoE lost in the mail? 2017/9/7 12:02
Oh that is great news! :)

Re: CoE lost in the mail? 2017/9/7 19:11
Well the update wasn't a surprise.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread