Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ninetendo switch console in Fukoaka 2017/9/8 00:38
Hi ,

I am arriving in Japan Fukoaka from 5
To 11 th October and hoping I can find 2 consoles . Any idea if I can wait List online on any shop or pre - order ?

Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks , Dev
by Dev (guest)  

Re: Ninetendo switch console in Fukoaka 2017/9/10 22:01
Best to buy the switch in your own country as they are still rare to come by here in Japan.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ninetendo switch console in Fukoaka 2017/10/3 17:13
Is it still hard to find the console in say, Tokyo or Kyoto?
by Fredrik (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ninetendo switch console in Fukoaka 2017/10/3 17:36
Yes as per the other Nintendo question threads.

It is funny weird. As many complain about not getting one in Japan and waiting long periods. but here in Australia. You can walk into almost any retailer selling electronics and they have one in stock.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Ninetendo switch console in Fukoaka 2017/10/30 12:14
https://www.dualshockers.com/quest-nintendo-switch-japan-akihabara/

If you gone through the article above, most major outlet experience shortage of nintendo switch. Thus smaller chain shop will take advantage and sell second hand nintendo switch on higher price. So i suppose its best to get nintendo switch from own country if desperate in playing it. Else you could just wait it out till Nintendo restock it.
by Anonymous831 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ninetendo switch console in Fukoaka 2017/11/2 10:28
I bought one last weekend, and my experience was very similar to the author of that blog. I've looked at electronics stores in Chiba where I live, in surrounding cities, and in central Tokyo whenever I've had the chance to go there, and I've never seen a switch being sold at retail price. Even a used one sells for around 34'000 yen, which is more than the retail price. I bought an unopened Mario Odyssey bundle for 47000 yen including tax, which is 6000 yen more than its retail price.

I agree with everyone else. It's going to be better for you to buy one in your home country, as it's gotten easier to find a stock in other countries. I don't think there is any benefit to owning the Japanese version, so it can't be worth the effort of searching multiple stores when you don't have much time here.
by Umechan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread