Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ameyoko goods, is it fake or authenthic? 2017/9/11 12:57
Hello,
ive seen so many branded goods here in ameyoko sold below the retail price.
Cosmetics like SK-II, Lancome, shiseido, bags, travels suit, were sold really cheap compared in my country.

Someone once told me that theres no fake goods in Japan because Japan is so strict about these issue.
But i still particularly concerned though.

Anyone can enlighten me?
by IvanChand  

Re: Ameyoko goods, is it fake or authenthic? 2017/9/11 18:14
Of course there are fake goods in Japan, and they are illegal, and some are sold in Ameyoko. In fact, some sellers were arrested this February. But just because they're cheap, that doesn't automatically mean they're fake.
https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E5%81%BD%E3%83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Ameyoko goods, is it fake or authenthic? 2017/9/11 20:47
@uco
Thank you for your info.
I do some research on google and some ppl claim that there's no fake goods in ameyoko, some example and i quoted : "Ameyoko is busy with many people passing and shopping, but it doesnft mean itfs unsafe. It looks like an Asian market just like you can see in other Asian countries, too, but the big difference is that they donft sell copy brands. Itfs strictly prohibited in Japan to sell fake brands such as copied Louis Vuitton, for example."
another one : "Cost will tell you something...But fakes are illegal in Japan and won't be sold out in the open."

So those cosmetic,sneakers,anello bags really a genuine goods then?
The link you gave was not really helping to be honest because i cant read japanese and googled translate didnt really help either. But still, I appreciate it though.
by IvanChand rate this post as useful

Re: Ameyoko goods, is it fake or authenthic? 2017/9/11 22:22
The link is a Google search result on the key phrase "fake brand ameyoko" (in Japanese), and I only posted the link as a back-up for what I wrote in English. Among the Google result are major news reports of the arrest in Ameyoko, of which the actual articles are deleted now that they're months old.

So those cosmetic,sneakers,anello bags really a genuine goods then?

No, I thought I clearly wrote that they may be fake and they may not be fake.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Ameyoko goods, is it fake or authenthic? 2017/9/12 16:33
I noticed you want Anello bags, there is a shop in Ueno around the market called Magazines. They are an official distributor of Anello. (My daughter wanted one last time I was in Tokyo, and I checked it out beforehand).
http://magazines.co.jp/
by Emdee rate this post as useful

Re: Ameyoko goods, is it fake or authenthic? 2017/9/12 20:40
I don't buy well known luxury goods include food in ameyoko street shops. Even though those shops say "It's real branded".
If ameyoko can sell them, why the other shops can not sell them.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Ameyoko goods, is it fake or authenthic? 2017/9/12 22:25
@Emdee
Thank you for your suggestion. Is the price cheaper than the one listed online?
Coz ive seen some Anello bags being sold really cheap in ameyoko, and ppl say its real.

@tokyo friend 48
My thought exactly.
Well, i mean if those goods are real deal and being sold cheaper than the official retail store, why would anyone buy from the official store which is more expensive.

by IvanChand rate this post as useful

reply to this thread