Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should I become a foreign exchange student? 2017/9/12 03:06
I really enjoy the things I've already read and seen about Japan and I started learning Japanese this year, because of my interest in Japan. However, I am unsure if I should become a foreign exchange student. I found a nice program where I can study by a foreign exchange University, but I'm in a long-term relationship and don't want to leave my boyfriend behind(even though he understands how much I want to go and supports me). My heart is torn between the two and I'm not sure what I should do... Advice? Please? I really need someone else's opinion that isn't related to me...
by Tamaryn (guest)  

Re: Should I become a foreign exchange student? 2017/9/12 13:29
Get going.
The chance to become an exchange student is very low, however you have plenty chances to find another boyfriends..........
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Should I become a foreign exchange student? 2017/9/12 14:12
Thanks a lot! I'm pretty sure he'll wait for me though, but thanks! Really appreciate it!
by Tamaryn (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I become a foreign exchange student? 2017/9/12 14:46
He's right to support you - the window of opportunity for these sort of things will close quickly as you get older, so I think you should definitely do it if you have the chance. And maybe he can come visit you in Japan while you're here!
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should I become a foreign exchange student? 2017/9/12 17:01
Go.
I had a boyfriend for years before I came to Japan as an exchange student. I was confident our relationship was solid and we would be fine, but we broke up as soon as I got back.
But studying here was one of the best things that happened to me, both personally and academically. I learnt so much Japanese and had such a great time, I don't regret it even a tiny bit.

People come and go from your life, but the experiences you have and following what you really want to do, that stays forever with you :)
by ruby (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread