Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best place to hunt model kits in Tokyo? 2017/9/16 23:40
Hello Everyone, do you guys know on where i can buy a model kits like the Bandai Evangelion Units? Well, I found some on the Amazonjp website. The price is reasonable and all but they don't sell some of the Eva line-up like;
Eva-01 test type #07, Eva-04 Production Model #09
Sachiel 3rd angel and
Eva-05 Mass Production Model
I also heard these line-up was released in the 90s, so I'm guessing they're already discontinued? Do they still sell this on the market?

-Thanks for anyone who can answer.
by Ryo Tomonari (guest)  

Re: Best place to hunt model kits in Tokyo? 2017/9/18 07:48
IF they are from thew 90s, then they will be well and truely discontinued. But there is probably a modern replacement available.

For where to go. There is plenty of model shops in Akihabara and surrounds. TamTam is one shop that comes to mind. But google model shop + akihabara and you'll find many.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to hunt model kits in Tokyo? 2017/9/18 21:34
Mandarake sells older kits from the 90s, 80s, 70s...

Especially try their stores in Akihabara and Nakano. But of course, their inventory is just what they've been able to get their hands on, it won't be as reliable or consistent as say, Yodobashi's inventory of brand new kits. You will be relying on luck to some degree, but if I was looking for that kind of thing, Mandarake might be the first place I try.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best place to hunt model kits in Tokyo? 2017/9/18 21:41
Thanks! I'll check Mandarake out if i have time. Do you know other similar store out in Akihabara? I heard a store called Gojira-ya also sells some ancient stuff, but I've never actually been there. I guess they only sell Godzilla stuffs hence the name Gojira-ya.
by MrGoose rate this post as useful

reply to this thread