Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

New Chitose Airport Onsen? 2017/9/18 12:44
Hi,

Since we have an early flight in the morning in February 2018 make me think to stay at the New Chitose Airport Onsen for overnight.

I've read this site http://www.new-chitose-airport.jp/en/spend/relax/spa/ but have no idea if i need to book in advance for the onsen and overnight...which means 1500 yen for the Maruku Admission Fee and 1500 yen for the late night fee after midnight, totally 3000 yen.

Since i travel with my 9 years old son so it very important for me to make sure about the overnight stay at this onsen (as we know that the New Chitose Airport not open 24 hours and its winter!).

Please any suggestions about the booking, thanks alot

Regards,
Erliana
by Erliana (guest)  

Re: New Chitose Airport Onsen? 2017/9/18 13:20
Actually, from what I can understand from the website, your total would be 4600 yen, ( 3000 yen for you and 1600 yen for your son.) The 4600 yen would not get you a room, it would just get you any chair for napping if it was available. The napping/relaxing rooms in Osaka at SpaWorld still had pretty bright lights because they're more for relaxing than as a substitute for a hotel for the night.

If you want to get one of the actual rooms with a bed, it looks like it would cost you 10,000 yen (and include access to the onsen) It also includes breakfast. If you want to book said room, I would follow the link to the official site to book.

Personally, I know my child would not sleep well on just a chair, but that's my child.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Onsen? 2017/9/18 16:05
The previous poster is right. You just get a comfortable lounge chair, not a bed at this price. If that's what you want, go for it. No reservation required. Just take the chairs you want.

http://www.new-chitose-airport-onsen.com/yasumi

It is the リラクスルーム that you can see in the first small picture. Somewhat similar to a economy plus seat with maybe a bit more room for your legs.

If instead you want the bed that is shown on the top of the page, you need to reserve a hotel room. And pay for it accordingly.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Onsen? 2017/9/18 16:13
Unless it is the day of the snow festival, there should be cheap hotel rooms in Sapporo, maybe around 7000 yen for you and your child. Public transportation for sure will take you to the airport to catch the flight.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Onsen? 2017/9/18 18:48
Hi all,

yes i think it will be 4600 for both of us...unfortunately it is the days of winter festival, i already checked the room and it unavailable for the date, same case for the hotels in Sapporo, almost fully book with 'wow' rates...our flight will be at 9 at the morning, must check in 2 hours before for the international flight, the first train run at 6.30 am so I have no better choice than spend the night at the onsen :)

The conclusion is no need to reserve as long as just for the onsen/ only armchair...got it!

Thankyou rkold, LikeBike, frog1954 :)

Regards,
Erliana
by Erliana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Onsen? 2017/9/18 20:39
Personally, I would directly contact the hotel/onsen. They specifically say, in English, that even if their website shows no availability for rooms to please contact them as sometimes they have inventory not on the website.

I also hope you and your child are the same gender because otherwise, you will be separated at the onsen as your son is too old to be in the women's section and you will need to coordinate when to meet in the rest room, assuming those are not gender segregated as well.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: New Chitose Airport Onsen? 2017/9/18 21:06
Well, if it's the snow festival day, the New Chitose Airport Onsen might be very crowded. As I searched there are some vacancy in some hotels around Sapporo. For example, Shin-Sapporo Arc-city hotel has 20000 yen twin bed room for 10th Feb.

https://travel.rakuten.co.jp/HOTEL/813/813.html

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread