Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is there still hay fever around? 2017/9/19 12:18
I've had stinging eyes, blocked nose/sinuses, and feeling really sleepy for some weeks now. I usually get hit by hay fever from February to April-May, but is it still going now?
by Sal (guest)  

Re: Is there still hay fever around? 2017/9/20 18:52
I would suggest to ask medical questions to a doctor.
Allergens ate out there every day, it just depends what allergens trigger your allergies and they might be different from the ones you are used to in your home country.
But obviously your symptoms might also indicate something completely different. That's why I'd suggest a visit to a doctor.

Get well soon!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Is there still hay fever around? 2017/9/20 20:28
Hayfever often occurs in autumn time.
I often use this nasal spray.
https://www.catalog-taisho.com/04715.php
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Is there still hay fever around? 2017/9/21 08:43
It is my understanding that Japanese pharmacists understand common terms, such as antihistamine, though brand names might not be recognized. Over the counter drugs include loratadine and fexofenadine. But they are often sold at half the dosage you'd find elsewhere, meaning loratadine may be sold in 5 mg pills whereas the standard dosage elsewhere is 10 mg. The simple solution is to take two pills. It is best to have the drug names written, to show the pharmacist, and in English is OK.
by John Sanders (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there still hay fever around? 2017/9/23 14:28
Tokyo friend

That's good medicine, thanks!
by Sal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is there still hay fever around? 2017/9/23 22:10
We have mainly two hay fever seasons in spring and autumn in Japan.
Firstly hay fever caused by ceder tree pollen begins and one caused by cypress tree pollen follows in spring.
In early autumn, hay fever caused by gramineous plants pollen begins.
Your symptom may be related to hay fever caused by gramineous plants pollen.
Take care of yourself.
by Hirohiroboy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread