Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Waseda's SILS or ICU? 2017/9/23 23:44
Hello!
I'm a student doing the IB diploma in Europe and I want to apply to both ICU and Waseda SILS (expression) but I can't decide which one I prefer...like if I'd get into both, I wouldn't know which one to pick. I am a very creative person and I'm very interested in painting, illustration, film, drama, creative writing, animating, special effects etc. But there doesn't seem to be a lot of courses offering that in English. (my current level of japanese is around N4). But that's okay since I was planning on studying other things as well like psychology maybe because finding a job as an artist doesn't always work out. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you know things about ICU and waseda SILS? My requirements for my 'dream' university would be the following:

-must have decent courses (preferably in arts and social sciences)
-must have dorms available
-must help me improve my Japanese significantly
-should have a selection of interesting club activities
But for me perhaps the most important thing would be that it would be easy for me to make friends and meet new people!! The whole atmosphere of the school and social life is very important as I am sort of a reserved person but I get lonely and bored quite easily, so if I can't make friends and feel like an outsider I'll probably get homesick. (Also, does anyone know if 32 IB points would be enough for these schools to accept me?)

So if anyone has been to either schools/programs or knows anyone who has, could you help me out please? Thank you!!
by VavaZhan  

Re: Waseda's SILS or ICU? 2017/9/24 16:34
I think for most of your questions, you can get answers from their websites. Or you can contact their admissions counselors, it's probably better to ask them than the random people here. I also strongly recommend visiting their campus. Perhaps schedule your visit when school's in so you can maybe check out what their classes are like? You'll get to find out if students might be friendly/general atmosphere that way too.

Waseda SILS https://www.waseda.jp/fire/sils/en/

ICU http://www.icu.ac.jp/en/

by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread