Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Legal question criminal record 2017/9/26 02:32
Hi guys,

I've got a question regarding to travelling to Japan with a criminal record. I've got convicted for a bar fight in the Netherlands for battery and got an arrangement proposal for 40 hours of community service.

I found this article in the Immigration Control Act of Japan.

(v)-2 A person who has been convicted of a violation of any law or regulation of Japan or of
any other country or has been deported from Japan pursuant to the provisions of the
Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act or deported from any other country
pursuant to the provisions of any law or regulation of that country for killing, injuring,
assaulting or threatening a person, or damaging a building or other object in relation to the
process or results of an international competition or a competition of an equivalent scale or
an international conference (hereinafter referred to as "international competition") or with
the intent of preventing the smooth operation thereof, and is likely to kill, injure, assault or
threaten a person, or damage a building or other objects in relation to the process or results
of an international competition held in Japan or with the intent of preventing the smooth
operation thereof, at the venue of the international competition or within the area of the city,
town or village where the venue is located (this refers to "ward" in areas where the Tokyo
special wards exist or in designated cities prescribed in Article 252-19, paragraph (1) of the
Local Autonomy Act (Act No.67 of 1947)) or to neighboring places provided for use to
unspecified or a large number of persons.

Can someone clarify for me what this article says and If I am in-admissable to Japan based on my arrangement proposal.

Thanks
by kingnakamoto (guest)  

Re: Legal question criminal record 2017/9/26 13:41
Sorry to hear that your google search is sick. Here some useful links with explanations:

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/newimmiact/pdf/RefugeeRecognitionAct...
(iv) A person who has been convicted of a violation of any law or regulation of Japan, or of any other country, and has been sentenced to imprisonment with or without work for 1 year or more, or to an equivalent penalty. However, this shall not apply to those convicted of a political offense.
(v) A person who has been convicted of a violation of any law or regulation of Japan or of any other country relating to the control of narcotics, marijuana, opium, stimulants or psychotropic substances, and has been sentenced to a penalty.

http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-to-japan/
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread