Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Will damaged door fail shaken inspection? 2017/9/28 12:02
Hi guys,

I bashed the front passenger door of my 1997 Daihatsu HiJet quite badly recently (it does open and close, but there's a pretty big gap at the bottom between the door itself and the body of the car when the door is closed) and have the shaken coming up.

I was wondering if it will fail the shaken as a result? I've gone through the list of things they check during the inspection and it doesn't mention anything about damage to the car body...on the other hand, I've heard they are a lot less tolerant towards older vehicles than newer ones...

I asked at my local Autobacs and they were quite dubious, but I have no idea if that was real or just a marketing ploy...

Would be happy to send photos to show the extent of the damage...

Thanks!
by Andy (guest)  

Re: Will damaged door fail shaken inspection? 2017/9/28 15:27
If the large hole offenses transport safety regulation, the shaken will not be passed.
You must firstly ask at the garage whether the hole offenses the safety regulation.
Maybe you can go for a second opinion
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread