Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

why do u have to do contract everytime? 2017/10/3 16:44
so i have been using softbank for more than 5 years(nearly 6 years) . i have been paying about 6,303 every month recently .so everytime i want to buy a new iphone or smartphone i need to do a 2 year contract even though i pay in full amount for the smartphone . but when there is new customer he gets discount in his smartphone or other things . sometimes there is campaign where you transfer from other carrier service or close your previous mobile no. and get a new one , then you get new iphone for free . does softbank really not care about old customers or is it just me that don't know about the benefits .
by sujan1  

Re: why do u have to do contract everytime? 2017/10/4 09:05
Answer is simple NO
When not canceling the contract with Softbank within a certain period you will be subscribed automatically for another period.
I do not encounter companies often which will give special attention to existing customers.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: why do u have to do contract everytime? 2017/10/4 10:14
This is not unique to Japan. This seems to be a policy throughout the world. These phone companies want new customers, so they offer incentives (or bribes!!)Existing customers are taken for granted.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: why do u have to do contract everytime? 2017/10/4 16:10
This is not unique to Japan.

But to be honest it is your own fault. Sorry to be blunt. But you have been lazy and not contacted them towards the end of your contacts in an attempt to get a better deal.

Amazing what they will do for you when you suggest you will switch carriers.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: why do u have to do contract everytime? 2017/10/4 16:44
@hakata14

so true
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: why do u have to do contract everytime? 2017/10/6 22:52
I'm not sure where you're from, but it is similar to back home with the cable or internet company. Once you're a regularly customer you are already locked in, so they don't need to give you a campaign/Introductory price. They have to entice the people who are not customers to become paying customers. If you want to get the campaign price you have to ask or go shop around for another provider. I bought my unlocked phone from Apple and pay one of the MNVO for around 1300yen per month with 3 gigs of data and a phone number.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

reply to this thread