Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/4 07:44
Hi. I'm looking for advice on some places in the greater Tokyo area that prepare healthy food (sit-down and/or take-out) and also have some car parking.

I don't live in Tokyo, but my divorced, 60-year-old brother-in-law does, and his health is going down the tubes because he eats nothing but a terrible diet of fast food. He says he's willing to make some changes and eat better, but without a bit of guidance it's probably not going to happen.

His job involves a lot of driving around to many parts of the city, including the outlying areas of Tokyo. So if I can get the names of places here and there -- probably away from the most congested parts of Tokyo -- that prepare good-tasting healthy food, I'd like to contact those places to see if I can buy my brother-in-law some gift certificates and encourage him either to go there to eat, or else to pick up a healthy meal for take out when's he driving around . Since he travels around Tokyo by car, places with some car parking (ideally a short-term free parking lot) would be best .

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
by Tabe Hodai (guest)  

Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/4 14:51
Tokyo is Known as Food paradise.Here you will found All country's cuisine Either it is Mexican,Indian, Chinese, Russian,Brazilian etc etc. your brother-in-law lived in Tokyo But He Did not Know about this ,It is un imaginable.However Here is My recommendation:Kakiyasu Sanjaku Sanzunbashi Lumine Shinjuku ten
Buffet restaurant:In this place you can eat unlimited amount of Food ,Drinks for 1800‰~ 90minutes.I also recommend you to go Buffet restaurant called Sweets ParadiseƒXƒC[ƒcƒpƒ‰ƒ_ƒCƒX.Because Here you will eat unlimited amount of cake,sweets,drinks ,pasta.So here is no limit of food and drinks item.If you go only once time,I am sure ,you will want to go 100 more times Like Me. A lot of My tokyo Friends, Tokyoites/Edokko love Fujiya •s“ñ‰Æ Buffet restaurant For its cake Viking.
by Ron (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/4 16:07
Clearly Ron did not read the OP actual questions. haha
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/4 17:22
To Tabe Hodai,

I know what you mean, and there are too many places that qualify. But I think it has to do with the reason your brother-in-law is on such a bad diet when he is surrounded with all these options.

Does he have not enough time per one meal? Does he dislike entering restaurants that might have confusing menus? Does he have a language barrier? Does he dislike spending money on meals? What does his wife think/do about it?

For example, when I travel overseas alone, I sometimes hesitate to go into "real" restaurants, because fast food places are much easier to order for foreign tourists. Also, healthy meals typically cost more than fast food.

In any case, the easiest answer is: Find a mom & pop type of place in the neighborhood who will make real homemade food and watch out for you at the same time. As for parking, there are usually places you can park close to the restaurant, and in the suburbs it's often free.

How about "natural-foods-buffet Harvest", which is the next easiest answer?
http://www.create-restaurants.co.jp/brand/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/4 17:27
Sorry, I realize she is an ex instead of a wife, and you still consider him a brother-in-law. Are you sure that it's his daytime meals and not his drinking at home?
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/4 18:13
If he is willing to prepare his own meals. There should/would be a supermarket close by if you are willing to share his general neighbourhood, other may be able to point you in the correct direction.

I came back from Japan last Monday just gone (3 days). We stayed in apartment versus hotels, so we brought and prepared a lot more meals than normal. All brought from supermarkets.

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/5 14:27
Excuse me for going off topic. Just wondering, hakata14, if you would recommend the apartment you stayed in as a good alternative for a family rather than a hotel?
by Ausfam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/5 18:08
You can contact me and I'll happily send you the links. I don't wanna spam up someone else's question thread.

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/11 08:54
rainbow raw food in ebisu, if just veggies are ok.
by nahagirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Healthy Food in the Greater Tokyo Area 2017/10/12 08:22
I'd look at pushing him toward Korean food. It is very healthy comparatively speaking, as long as you limit the BBQ, and most Japanese love it.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread