Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2017/10/10 14:33
Greetings,
I've planned to bike from Onomichi Station to Imabari Station. I've heard such spectacular things, but I'd like to return my bike at Imabari Station and just take a bus back to Onomichi Station. I saw the post, "Bus from Imabari to Onomichi", but the links only take me to Japanese language sites that I can't translate to english. Would someone please help me out and let me know the bus schedule from Imabari Station to Onomichi Station and where to catch the bus at Imabari Station? If there's any transfers, could you please provide me with those details? I've been searching the web for a long time and haven't been able to find much info, other than there's only three (3) buses that run from Imabari to Onomichi.
Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Erica
by Erica (guest)  

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2017/10/10 17:33
I think the three buses you referred are the express buses that can carry your bicycle. There are more buses if you don't need to load your bicycle and don't mind a transfer (change of bus).

Bus schedule: http://www.s-leading.co.jp/section/bus/rosen_io2.html

Above schedule is in Japanese, but here is how to read it:
The first table is for Imabara-to-Innoshimaoohashi (the In-no-shima Bridge), and the first column is departure time at Imabari Pier (6:15, 7:10, etc.). The second column is departure time at Imabari Train Station (6:20, 7:15, etc.). The third column is arrival time at the Bridge (7:10, 8:05, erc.). The second table next to the first shows the schedule from the bridge to Onomichi station (depart at 7:20 and arrive at 7:58, etc.). The run with a big solid dot indicates Sunday and holiday schedule. The bus with a funny-looking asterisk does not run from Jan 1 to Jan 3.

The fare is 2250 yen.

The express bus that carries your bicycle (3 runs per day) costs the same and looks like no transfer is required.
by shimanami k. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2017/10/10 23:08
To: shimanami k.
This is perfect!!! Thank you so much! I was starting to panic! Thanks for your prompt response! Much appreciated!
Cheers,
Erica
by Erica (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2017/10/12 16:07
Just wanted to say thank you for this as well. We are in Onomichi and doing the same route so this has helped us plan our way back much better!
by Nick (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2017/11/2 12:44
Hey I plan on doing the same trip in a few days, do you need to reserve tickets/seats for the bus or can you just show up and get on? And is the price you said for each bus or for the two (to get back to onomichi)?

-thanks
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2018/10/21 09:28
This information is still spot on. I was fortunate enough to arrive just in time for a bus departing at 9.20 on a Sunday (the first timetable shown in the link), quickly bought my ticket at the kiosk and jumped on. Therefs an English translation on the bus.
by Laura Calder (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2019/4/7 04:42
Is this schedule still accurate?
by Myrrah rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2019/4/7 15:05
by Christopher Nolan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2019/4/22 02:39
How late do the buses and ferry's run from Imabari to Onomichi?
by Samwise Gamgee (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2019/4/29 21:37
We took a bus from the Imabari train station at around 6:30pm. Had to change busses at (I think) Onomich City island to make it to Onomich (mainland) .

The station is right in front of the main train station. The lady at the bus station counter was very helpful. She even got out and prevented us from boarding the wrong bus :-) that arrived a few minutes before our bus was supposed to.
by kobzol (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bus Schedule for Imabari to Onomichi 2019/5/29 03:54
Does anyone have access to an updated bus schedule link? The one above isn't working for me - it's redirecting to the main page. Thank you!
by Bryan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread