Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage storage at Osaka or Kyoto station 2017/10/11 14:47
Hi,
I would like to know whether there's place for us to store our luggage, probably 2 big suitcases at Osaka or Kyoto station?
We will be staying at Kyoto for 4 night thereafter travel back to Tokyo. So thinking maybe we can visit some places and take the late after Shinkansen back to Tokyo.
Or any other recommendations?
Thanks.
by hping  

Re: Luggage storage at Osaka or Kyoto station 2017/10/11 18:29
Do you mean "store luggage during the day" or do you mean "storing for several days"? Sorry, it is not clear to me from your question. If you are looking at storage only for a day while you do some sightseeing, there are lockers at Osaka and Kyoto station (as well as at many other stations and other places in Japan). At Kyoto and Osaka station I am sure that they come in different sizes allowing also fairly large suitcases. Unless you have some of these gigantic suitcases that we see recently.

If you mean longterm storage (several days), you could ask your hotel in Kyoto or Tokyo to hold them for you. But there might be also long term storage at the stations, but I am no expert on that.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage at Osaka or Kyoto station 2017/10/11 22:41
Thanks for the reply. Yes, only store for few hours after we check out from the hotel at Kyoto to do some sightseeing before travel to Tokyo.
by hping rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage at Osaka or Kyoto station 2017/10/12 02:03
Not sure about Kyoto, but I found this link to be useful in Osaka on my last trip as all of the large lockers were in use while I was there:

https://themadtraveler.com/travel-tips/storing-luggage-in-osaka-statio...
by frippscratch rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage at Osaka or Kyoto station 2017/10/12 02:06
Also, if you are planning on doing your sightseeing in roughly the same area as your hotel and it isn't too inconvenient to go back there, most hotels will allow you to store your bags after checkout until you are ready to leave town, free of charge.
by frippscratch rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage at Osaka or Kyoto station 2017/10/12 02:53
The short answer is yes there are large lockers in both Osaka and Kyoto station but there are not mainly. You will need to get there early to get one or get one the night before to guarantee a locker.

Of course the easiest will be to leave it will the hotel. Are you not staying in the same accommodation for the whole duration while in Kyoto/Osaka?

Hope this helps!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage at Osaka or Kyoto station 2017/10/12 11:29
I don't know about Osaka, but Shin-Oaka (only a few minutes away from Osaka by train) and I believe Kyoto also have left luggage rooms so if no large lockers are available, you can use those facilities.

Hope this helps!
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread