Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

can i find out if someone has died in japan? 2017/10/17 07:12
I have a friend in Osaka that i have been writing to for about 10 years now.
And suddenly i cannot reach her. We usually contact each other every day.
I am sure that we have only ever missed a couple of days in those 10 years.

But nothing now for about 10 days. I am really concerned. She has been
depressed because her daughter has been suicidal during the past few months.

Short of flying to Osaka myself. What can i do to check that she has not had
an accident or anything.

Any help or tips would be gratefully received.....Thanks
by Sheene  

Re: can i find out if someone has died in japan? 2017/10/17 13:50
Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your distress. I hope your friend is doing well and maybe just a little too busy to message.
Have you tried googling her name in kanji? If anything happened to her that would be in the news (such as an accident) it would show up. Or perhaps if you know the names of any of her relatives try seeing if they are on facebook and posted anything.
Otherwise I do not think that authorities such as the embassy or Japanese police could give you information unless you are a relative.
Really hope tomorrow she will message you apologising for disappearing and telling you she is well. :(
by krr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: can i find out if someone has died in japan? 2017/10/17 15:24
Have you tried postal mail or phone? Especially, a postal mail may reach someone in charge of her (off-line) mail box during her absence.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: can i find out if someone has died in japan? 2017/10/18 20:27
You can phone to the local police station(Not 110 call) where your friend lives and ask them to check the friend house in case of emergency. This is a legal process.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread