Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo Disneyland Visiting Days 2017/10/22 22:22
Hi, I am planning a trip to Disneyland during late November or early December but am divided if I should go on a weekday or a weekend. My friend told me that on a weekday, it is less crowded but less cosplay people and less disney characters walking about whereas on a weekend, it is crowded and but have more things to see.

So when is the best time to visit Disneyland? Kindly advise. Thanks.
by jonsnow87  

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Visiting Days 2017/10/23 13:54
Trust your friend rather than a bunch of anonymous people. Or else get better friends.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Visiting Days 2017/10/23 14:01
I guess you're the only one who can answer this question. If you think that the crowds won't bother you or hinder your experience (long queues, difficult to see the characters among the crowds, etc..) then go on a weekend. Otherwise, a weekday is fine. In the end, it depends on what you want to do there.

But no matter what, there will always be crowds, long queues, and you will always miss something.
I prefer less crowds anywhere if possible but that's just me.

by ----- (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Visiting Days 2017/10/23 18:18
Even during the weekday, there will still be big crowd all over Disneyland. And you will still be spending large portion of your time there waiting in line. It may be true the characters walking around is little less frequent. But they still do provide same level of services everyday. You wont be missing anything by going there on a week day.
by Sitti01 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Visiting Days 2017/10/23 21:38
Cosplay is not allowed in Tokyo Disney except on specific days, usually around Halloween. (Not week ends in general.) You can see information about this on the Tokyo Disney website.

If you use a loose definition of "cosplay" like a woman wearing a lavender short puffy sleeved shirt with a white skirt with a friend in a red polka dot dress also with short puffy sleeves, sure that is allowed, and you are just as likely to see that on a week day as a week end. But that is as far as people go outside of Cosplay days or if you are a child.

We went on "quiet days" and I go to WDW a lot and I've been to DL quite a few times. We had crazy rain our day at Sea so a lot fewer characters were out, though we did get to meet Prince Eric with Max the dog! Our next day at Tokyo Disney proper, there were more characters out than I've ever seen at a US theme park. There were also lots of characters out who don't meet in the US or never sign there. (Like the 7 Dwarves) If all you wanted to do was meet characters, going on a week day you will not feel short changed. The ride lines are much longer on a week end and they are not short on week days. Despite the buckets of rain, there was a 1 hour line for Journey to the Center of the Earth, when we were there, though Tokyo Disney proper was super quiet.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread