Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

finding a 30 day sim card at Narita? 2017/10/23 12:45
On www.easygojapan.com I found a list of sim cards visitors can use in Japan and they said that U Mobile Prepaid have U-Next sim cards for 7 days, 15 days AND 30 day cards.
My daughter is only there for 15 days so it's simple for her. I stay on and will be there for 26 days so... can anyone tell me where I can buy the 30 day card which is supposed to cost Y3,800?
I'd love to buy it at the airport when we arrive if possible but I can't find any information about that.
Please help.
by yeshekathy  

Re: finding a 30 day sim card at Narita? 2017/10/23 14:25
hmmm I have done that but am trying to narrow things down to what would actually be useful for our needs. There are many sim cards out there but most are 7 or 14/15 days. I did find mention of the 30 day one but can't find where to buy it.
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

Re: finding a 30 day sim card at Narita? 2017/10/23 14:44
You can consult umobile's official website, and see that they do not have a 30-day prepaid sim.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: finding a 30 day sim card at Narita? 2017/10/23 15:06
It is data only what you want, right?

I see these options:
- arrive at the airport and go to a sim seller and ask. If not available get the one for your daughter and use that together for the first few days
- when in Tokyo go to a Bic Camera shop and ask. Yes, there are other places to buy sim, but biccamera is huge.
-If no 30 day sim, then do the maths: 15+15=?
- do. more internet research to find the company that sells 30 days and confirm on their page how and where to buy.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: finding a 30 day sim card at Narita? 2017/10/23 18:22
Thanks LikeBike,

Just to be clear in case other people are reading this now or in future.
Yes you can buy U-mobile sims at the airport (in vending machines no less) but all I can find in material about these are the 7 day and 15 day options.

Then one of the websites I consulted (https://www.easygojapan.com/rental/en/news/info_prepaidsim.html) outlined the 3 X U-mobile options ie including a 30 day option. It says the 15 day one costs about 3500Y and the 30 day one costs 3800Y - thus my desire to find where I can buy the 30 day one since that is what I need.

I am guessing I can't get it at the airport unless the Bic shop there has it. If I have the energy and time (I arrive at 6.00pm with my daughter and grand-daughter) then I'll go to Bic and ask.

I think there is another option at BicCamera (hopefully available at the airport) and that is Nano SIM "BIC SIM JAPAN TRAVEL SIM/2GB" Prepaid, Data only, and it's only 3,780Y. looks like I need to go up to the BicCamera store on the 4th Floor if at all possible.
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

Re: finding a 30 day sim card at Narita? 2017/10/23 22:04
In the unlikely event you can find it, try bic camera in the city, they also sell usim cards, along with other stores, they are more widely available that they used to be.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread