Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 10:32
Im looking to buy stuff online through sites like amazon so i would like to get a prepaid credit card. Up until recently I was buying amazon gift cards but its a little tiring to increase gift card balances.

I never owned a credit card in the US and Japan is not too foreign friendly when it comes to signing up for one. Besides,
Im not looking for a normal credit card just interested in the prepaid ones at the convenience stores).

Does anyone know if there is one past the 5–œ limit?

Also would it be possible to add prepaid cards to paypal?

Thanks.
by Newbie (guest)  

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 10:51
You can use Vpreca etc. at Amazon.co.jp.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=20189559...

The upper limit of Vpreca is 100,000 yen.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 11:05
AFAIK prepaid cards (which are by definition not credit) always entail additional fees, for example a card with 3000 yen value costs 3xxx when you buy it, you pay xxx extra.

There are other solutions which don't cost; the ones I use regularly are payment at convenience stores and by Mobile Suica (requires a compatible phone).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 11:23
Every convenience store in Japan sell prepaid credit cards. Visa, JCB and American Express cards, etc.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 11:24
For normal credit cards, rakuten is most foreign friendly
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread