Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 10:32
Im looking to buy stuff online through sites like amazon so i would like to get a prepaid credit card. Up until recently I was buying amazon gift cards but its a little tiring to increase gift card balances.

I never owned a credit card in the US and Japan is not too foreign friendly when it comes to signing up for one. Besides,
Im not looking for a normal credit card just interested in the prepaid ones at the convenience stores).

Does anyone know if there is one past the 5 limit?

Also would it be possible to add prepaid cards to paypal?

Thanks.
by Newbie (guest)  

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 10:51
You can use Vpreca etc. at Amazon.co.jp.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=20189559...

The upper limit of Vpreca is 100,000 yen.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 11:05
AFAIK prepaid cards (which are by definition not credit) always entail additional fees, for example a card with 3000 yen value costs 3xxx when you buy it, you pay xxx extra.

There are other solutions which don't cost; the ones I use regularly are payment at convenience stores and by Mobile Suica (requires a compatible phone).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 11:23
Every convenience store in Japan sell prepaid credit cards. Visa, JCB and American Express cards, etc.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Prepaid Credit cards 2017/10/24 11:24
For normal credit cards, rakuten is most foreign friendly
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread