Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/25 00:06
Hello. I'm planning my trip to Tokyo this December and I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest a very good snacks, sweets & souvenir shops I can go to in Tokyo to bring back to my family & friends. Hopefully snacks that aren't in Canada already.
by vancouverite30  

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/25 15:03
Sounds like any convenience store or supermarket will do...
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/25 15:04
Believe me you will have no trouble finding snacks or souvenirs as there are shops everywhere. I would just look for things that are made in Japan rather than China.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/25 15:25
Just about all the big touristy train stations or shopping areas will have what you are looking for.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/25 15:38
To buy them in bulk, try Donki (short for Don Quijote) http://www.donki.com/
by torama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/25 19:30
They are everywhere, you don't need to look for them, they will pop up in front of you, but what I always get are stuff not available out of Japan with the exception of people personally export them.

Try special edition kit Kat and Tokyo banana (currently is green tea and red bean), I also get some dried seafood like octopus tentacles slices and scallops from ueno market.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/25 20:58
by biwakoman rate this post as useful

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/27 03:02
wow, that's awesome then. Thanks very much.
by vancouverite30 rate this post as useful

Re: Snacks & Souvenir Shops in Tokyo 2017/10/27 08:51
There are four branches of the KitKat specialty shop KitKat Chocolatory: https://nestle.jp/brand/kit/inbound/en/chocolatory/store.html

They have fun and interesting limited-edition flavors (e.g. sake) that are hard to find outside Japan.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

reply to this thread