Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/28 20:03
Hello everyone,

I've been searching these forums a lot lately and I've seen a few threads about Unlocking phones, but from my understanding the term "unlocking" applies to iphones only? So what I am trying to clarify here is;

If I purchase a new Xperia XZ Premium (Which is the phone I have my eyes set on) from Docomo, will they be able to root it for me at the store? My main goal is to be able to use the phone when I visit the states next month.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you maybe able to provide me with!
by Haru212  

Re: Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/29 10:27
Rooting and unlocking is two different thing.

Unlocking in term of smartphone mean, unlock the phone so that it can use any SIM card.
Most phone in Japan, sold by DOCOMO ,AU,Softbank are locked to the company network SIM card.
Unlocking it will make those phone usable with other carrier SIM.
Which in your case this is what you will need to do if you want to use your Docomo phone using US carrier SIM.

Rooting (android) or jailbreak (iphone) is where you change/modified the operating system OS to a customise software/OS. People do this to delete bloatware or make use of the phone extra function.

for Docomo, you can unlock the phone provided you satisfy certain conditions and fees.
https://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/support/procedure/simcard/unlock_d...
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/29 14:26
Thank you so much for the reply, I learned a lot because of this forum so far.

Second, I would also like to root the android phone when I buy it. Should I root the phone before I buy the phone service with Docomo or should I root the phone after I get the phone subscription. I plan to buy the phone in full price, without subscription first.
by Haru212 rate this post as useful

Re: Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/29 16:06
See the answer above. Docomo should let you unlock the phone. They will NOT help you root it. In fact If I wanted to root a phone I wouldnt tell the company I bought it from in case I needed to revert it to stock to return it.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/29 16:22
Thanks. I understand that they will not root it for me plan on buying a phone and performing the root myself. I am just curious as to if they will not offer me docomo service or will they notice that I rooted the phone when I ask for the switch over from my old phone to the new phone.

Re: Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/30 09:42
Once you rooted your phone you can lose you warranty.
If something goes wrong you need to fix it by yourself or pay a lot of money for repair.
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/30 18:26
I see, thank you.

Do you think I can still get Docomo service after I rooted the phone?

Re: Rooting A New Andoid 2017/10/31 09:01
for sim yes
for rooted phone no unless you have money
other services yes
by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread