Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Starting point for Manza Onsen Trip 2017/11/1 22:26
Hi everyone!

I hope somebody will help answer these questions of mine:

(1) Please help me decide which is better starting point, Haneda Airport or KIX (btw, those two are the only option), going to Manza Prince Hotel.

(2) After Manza Prince Hotel, I plan on going to Kyoto to see Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari, Kinkakuji, Tenryuji Shrine, Bamboo Grove and other side trips all in 3 days. I also plan on staying around Higashiyama area or eastern kyoto in general. In addition, I have planned a 2-day tour in Osaka, specifically Universal Studio, Museum of the house and living and Dotonbori. My question is will buying JR Pass be worth it, given my itinerary?

Your help will be deeply appreciated.
Thank you.
by NewWanderer (guest)  

Re: Starting point for Manza Onsen Trip 2017/11/2 17:17
1) Please help me decide which is better starting point, Haneda Airport or KIX (btw, those two are the only option), going to Manza Prince Hotel.
A quick google maps search told me that it is about 8h from KIX and 5h from Haneda.

If all your remaining travel is only Kyoto and Osaka, wouldnft it make sense to look into an onsen destination slightly closer to Kansai?

(2) My question is will buying JR Pass be worth it, given my itinerary?
There is a pass calculator on this webpage. And it obviously depends if you chose Haneda in and KIX out or in&out from the same airport. My gut feeling would be that Kansai to Manza and back plus some day trips should pay off. But I am not an expert on this topic.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Starting point for Manza Onsen Trip 2017/11/2 19:21

If you do not mind not staying at Prince hotel, this will be a better option:
http://www.manza.co.jp/mob/manza.php
Free return bus from Shinjuku, and upon your return, you then use your JR Pass for travelling to Kyoto and beyond.
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Starting point for Manza Onsen Trip 2017/11/2 19:29

This one has more details:
https://www.manza.co.jp/
by shinji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread