Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

purchase & taking medicine out of the country 2017/11/6 03:52
A friend of mine, her mother has PAH and need to use a certain medicine for 6 months, but the cost is like HKD 7000 approximate JPY 102200 for 1 month supply, the medicine is call Revatio by pfizer or sometimes called Sildenafil Citrate from other brand, it's a prescription medicine in Hong Kong but can be purchased in the US with/without prescription.

Does anyone know if they can be purchase off the counter in pharmacies in Japan without prescriptions, and can it be taken out of the country, will it be cheaper and can you purchase generic type of the same medicine.
by kms899  

Re: purchase & taking medicine out of the country 2017/11/6 15:41
First, check the Customs laws in your country. It may be illegal to import what is a prescription medication in your country without a prescription.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: purchase & taking medicine out of the country 2017/11/6 23:05
It should be alright over at my end, I have a copy of a doctors letter for the purchase of this medicine.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: purchase & taking medicine out of the country 2017/11/6 23:55
It's prescription medicine also here in Japan.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: purchase & taking medicine out of the country 2017/11/7 01:42
Thanks, I guess the doctors letter from Hong Kong is not accepted in Japan.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread