Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurama/Kibune Hike, Which Direction? 2017/11/7 23:41
I'd like to wake up early and head to either Kurama/Kibune then hike to the other. I don't care about a hard hike so prefer whichever direction is easier. I'd like to be able to jump into an onsen at the end, I know Kurama has an onsen, but does Kibune?

TLDR Which town to start from?
by kaattt (guest)  

Re: Kurama/Kibune Hike, Which Direction? 2017/11/8 14:13
There is a public onsen in Kibune, but it looks like it's not very different from the type of super sento you can find throughout Japan these days. The one in Kurama, on the other hand, really feels like you're bathing out in nature and has lovely mountain views. If you want all the bells and whistles of a super sento I'm sure finishing in Kibune would be fine but personally I recommend the opposite route.
by Gigi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kurama/Kibune Hike, Which Direction? 2017/11/15 18:02
I hope the answer can still make it.

2 weeks ago I was there, starting at Kibune around 8am, planning to go down to Kurama and finish it with Onsen. The trail was closed due to typhoon, so we walked further down to a temple at Kibune. Most shops will open at 11am or 1130am. We continue to Kurama temple, climbed until the main hall and returned.

Basically, half of the trail is climbing up Kurama temple (paved stairs, a cable car is available towards mid station) and entering forest area down to Kibune. Kurama is slightly more touristy Personally, I would prefer starting early at Kibune as it's still quiet and very serene, surrounded by lush greenery, walk down Kurama temple and end it up with a good soak at Kurama onsen. It's a matter of preference.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread