Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

visa with a self-owned online business? 2017/11/11 11:35
Greetings. I own a private labeling business, working through Amazon. I see that a worker visa typically requires a Bachelor's Degree and/or 10 years of experience in a specialized field. What are the options for a small-time entrepreneur? My annual income is 50,000-60,000. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get my foot in the water due to this and perhaps find a part-time job somewhere in the country to get a sponsor for a work visa.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I've searched for awhile now but I can't find anything related to my question. Thank you!
by Bornstellar (guest)  

Re: visa with a self-owned online business? 2017/11/11 16:42
Well, you could start a business here and get an investor visa.

There doesn't seem to be anything about your current business which requires you to be in Japan, so I doubt you could get a visa for Japan that way.

Student visa, if you wanted to learn Japanese would be a way though.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: visa with a self-owned online business? 2017/11/11 16:49
Not sure if a student visa would fulfill OP's goal to "find a part-time job somewhere in the country to get a sponsor for a work visa" (emphasis added). If one does not have the required qualifications for a "work visa", a "sponsor" can't do anything about that.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: visa with a self-owned online business? 2017/11/11 22:46
I am also interested in what you do eventually. Can we keep in touch haha. I want to do a self-sponsorship visa since we are doing an IT application where the earnings are remote.
by Alex 255 rate this post as useful

Re: visa with a self-owned online business? 2017/11/13 08:22
The business manager visa category is tricky (they changed the name away from "investor" because it wasn't really the right term). But, the fundamental questions remain - why do you want to live in Japan, and why do you need to disrupt your current business and re-set it up in Japan?

One of the first things you might like to start looking at is how to set up a business in Japan - that is tricky (and has many circular dependencies like no company without a bank account and no bank account without a company). Also, you need a Japanese representative (someone entitled to reside in Japan), and while managed to do that, it was another tricky item.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread