Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nikko in mid-March 2017/11/13 12:08
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide whether Nikko is worth visiting in the middle of March. I will be in Tokyo for a week mid-March and am considering heading out to Nikko, but I also feel like it's probably a bit too early and would be pretty barren. It would be pretty cool to visit for the shrine but I'm not sure if it's worth the trip.

Has anyone else been to Nikko around this time? How did you all feel about it?
by Eikreis  

Re: Nikko in mid-March 2017/11/14 02:18
Hi!

As long as you are interested in shrines, architectures, sculptures or history, I dare say it is worth visiting in any time of the year. I think so many tourists in Nikko and it is so cold in comparison to in Tokyo so don't forget to bring your jacket with you.

Enjoy your trip!
by voircestcroire rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko in mid-March 2017/11/14 02:58
If blossom is what you want then you could go to Mito for the Plum festival instead https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6201.html
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Nikko in mid-March 2017/11/14 04:48
We went out in early March several years ago. It was freezing and still had snow around the lake (which we didnt get to) and snowed in town. It was super pretty especially at the Hotel Kanaya where we were staying.

Bear in mind Tokyo can be very icy that time of year as well, with strong and cold winds, but the plum blossom might be out.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread