Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/22 01:40
Please , help me . I in japan now and I need Copy of the koseki on which your marriage is registered . How can I get this , what I need to do ?
by maxlove  

Re: How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/22 10:45
Koseki tohon is only for Japanese. If you're not Japanese, you don't have one.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/22 12:54
I assume you (non-Japanese) are married to a Japanese national. Your marriage to your Japanese spouse is written into your Japanese spouse's "koseki" as "remarks" about him/her.

Can you get help from your Japanese spouse?
by .......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/22 13:20
Ask your JAPANESE partner, if the person is not Japanese you will not be able to get.

Your partner just needs to go to the city hall pay a small fee and you get an copy.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/22 13:35
You don't have your own koseki tohon since you are not Japanese, but you are registered in your Japanese spouse koseki tohon.

If you are still married to a Japanese spouse, you can request copy of your Japanese spouse koseki at city hall where he/she is registered.

Fill up the form and show your zairyu card at the city hall counter. You have to pay few hundred yen for a copy, maybe like 300yen?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/22 21:03
He is too lazy , he dont want to help . So can I take it myself ?
by maxlove rate this post as useful

Re: How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/22 22:28
I believe that you as the non-Japanese spouse should be able to go and get the official duplicate yourself (be sure to take your ID with you). But you still need his full name, address, where his "koseki" is ("honseki-chi"), etc., so he needs to at least give you that.

In case his "honseki-chi" is far away from where you live, you might have to apply for it via postal mail.
by .......... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How can I get Koseki Tohon 2017/11/23 19:15
Thank guys very much for answers .
by maxlove rate this post as useful

reply to this thread