Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Landing in Osaka, leaving from Tokyo 2017/11/22 18:44
Hi everyone!
Would really appreciate your help...planning a trip to japan at end of march 2018-mid april.
Landing in Osaka, leaving from Tokyo.
Was interested in visiting: Osaka, Kyoto, Takyama, Kanazawa, Hiroshima, Miajima, and Tokyo - i am not certain of the order in which to visit each destination? and if i should give up anything? we will be traveling for about 22 days, and would like to spend at least 5 days in Toyko.

Can you please advise as to how to build the trip? We will be traveling via public transportation, so should we get the 21 JR Pass?

Thank you!!!!
by DaY (guest)  

Re: Landing in Osaka, leaving from Tokyo 2017/11/23 13:33
Hi!

Unless there are some long distance trips you want to do in the Tokyo area it makes sense to try to break your trip down to only needing a rail pass for 7-14 days.

So...since you didn't give any information on what you really want to visit in each location...

Arrive at KIX travel to Kyoto, spend 6 days there, you can day trip to Nara

Travel to Hiroshima/Miyajima and stay there 3 nights (Hiroshima is better to stay in if you're on a budget and want a city, Miyajima if you want a fancier ryokan experience and more quiet)

If you want to see Osaka separately, break up your long trip to Kanazawa now with 2 nights in Osaka.

Take a Thunderbird up to Kanazawa and stay there 2 nights

Take a bus (additional payment) to Shirkawa Go and then continue on to Takayama spend 2 nights

Take a Hida to Nagoya and end in Tokyo 6 nights.

This is 21 nights, move things around as makes sense to you and based on activities you want to do. You would only need a pass for 9 nights with this route, so rather than a 2 week pass it might make sense to do the math and make sure it is worth it. I guess if you had a 14 day pass, if you wanted to explore more out of either Kyoto or Tokyo you could pick one and do so. I think a 7 day would be hard to make work and a 21 is only worth it if you're planning a lot of unlisted shinkansen using day trips from Tokyo.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Landing in Osaka, leaving from Tokyo 2017/11/23 15:45
This forum is not a travel agency. If you do some research, you should be able to figure out how many days you would like to spend in each area, and then look at a map to decide on the order of visitation. This website also has suggested itineraries if you are really stuck.

We're happy to look over an itinerary, but if you need someone to plan your trip, pay a travel agent to do it.
by kh (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread