Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Cell phone + internet with BIC SIM/IIJmio 2017/11/23 22:14
We've just moved to Tokyo and are thinking about getting the home internet and MVNO mobile phone package from BIC SIM/IIJmio. It's really cheap compared with a direct contract with the one of the big three (Softbank, AU, Docomo) but we wanted to ask if anyone had experience with them, as if the coverage/service is really bad and we want to change, we'd have to pay a cancellation fee. We've already read this helpful blog: https://tokyocheapo.com/business/internet/japan-sim-card-options-data-...
Any advice re BIC SIM/IIJmio would be much appreciated!
by Sam (guest)  

Re: Cell phone + internet with BIC SIM/IIJmio 2017/11/24 10:37
It is very simple: the only MVNOs providing good service are UQ and Y mobile; all others are garbage. The above-linked article is garbage as well as I have said many times; all it does is compile basic information about prices, etc. (and even that, it does not do well) without sa ying anything about service quality.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Cell phone + internet with BIC SIM/IIJmio 2017/11/24 10:45
I use IlJmio in Tokyo for mobile phone and have no problem with it at all. It uses Docomo. I have just recently travelled through Japan including quite remote places and never had any problems with it.

I don't know about home phone / home internet.

Enjoy your life in Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Cell phone + internet with BIC SIM/IIJmio 2017/11/29 14:04
BIC SIM is service name, the SIM card is provided by IIJ.
I think IIJ is very good MVNO.

at home
I recommend you to use WiMax or Softbank Air.

by GON (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread