Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Claim car insurance for unused months? 2017/11/25 14:33
My car insurance expires end Jan 2018, but I need to use the car for one month, then won't drive again.

If I renew for the year, is it complicated to claim back the unused 11 months payments?

How to do it and how long will it take roughly to have refund credited to my bank account? Thanks!
by Tom (guest)  

Re: Claim car insurance for unused months? 2017/11/25 19:14
Did you already call the insurance company???
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Claim car insurance for unused months? 2017/11/26 10:25
I transferred from one to another car insurance company in August, and got the remainder (minus a service fee) refunded from the original company within a month. However, my car dealer did all the paperwork. So, if you have an agent doing it for you, it should be easy. If not, it depends on how good you are at filling out paperwork. Also, the contract conditions and refund timing may depend on the company and specific contract. Therefore, I agree that you should be inquiring directly with the insurance company about the specifics.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Claim car insurance for unused months? 2017/11/28 00:38
Hi,
I m working for casualty insurance company in Japan.
If you use your car only a month with insurance,you should contract with insurance company for your car to pay premium every
month.
If you do so,you don't need to wait refund,because you need only paperwork.
by Yuji (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread