Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Including kyushu in 20 days trip 2017/11/25 18:23
Hi
i'm planning a trip to Japan in april. right now that's the schedule that i came up with:
5 days in Tokyo ( with side trips)
4 days in Kyoto
2 Days in Hiroshima (and a day trip to miyajima)
My flights are from Narita airport so at the end of the trip i will go back to Tokyo and spend about 3 more days there. so that leaves me with a spare week,i'm really interested in nature and hiking so i thought about travelling to Kyushu and Yakushima.
which Itinerary do you suggest? (I thought about Hiroshima-Kagoshima-Yakushima-Kirishima-Fukuoka)
is it possible to do that in the amount of time that i have?
Thanks
by YosefD  

Re: Including kyushu in 20 days trip 2017/11/26 10:14
is it possible to do that in the amount of time that i have?

Below are rough estimates for the traveling time.

Hiroshima to Kagoshima-chuo by shinkansen: 2.5 hrs.

Kagoshima-chuo to high speed boat port transfer including the boarding process: 1 hr.

High speed boat from Kagoshima to Yakushima: 2 hrs.

So you can go from Hiroshima to Yakushima on the same day. If you want to do some hike, you will need two nights in Yakushima, and then back to Kagoshima for 1 night.

You might better take a car rent in Kagoshima to visit Kirishima since public transportation is poor in this region. Kirishima (I recommend Ebino Kogen for 1 or 2 nights stay). Kagoshima to Fukuoka (JR Hakata) by shinkansen is about 1.5 hrs.

So all in all, Yakushima 2 nights, Kagoshima 1 night, Kirishima 1 or 2 night, Fukuoka 1 night, total: 5 or 6 nights, and yes, it's doable.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Including kyushu in 20 days trip 2017/11/26 11:30
Not sure why you want to stay in Tokyo again at the end; why not fly straight from Kagoshima or Fukuoka to Narita, instead of going through Tokyo?

http://www.jetstar.com/jp/en/home
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Including kyushu in 20 days trip 2017/11/26 17:49
I would do this:-

4 nights tokyo

3 nights hiroshima/miyajima (you get 2 full days as tokyo to hiroshima is 5.5-6 hours on arrival day)

2 nights kagoshima (explore kagoshima 1st afternoon, full day trip to kirishima)

2 nights yakushima

1 night kagoshima

4 nights kyoto

3 nights tokyo

below itinerary is 16 days with 13 away from tokyo. i would use a 14 day rail pass while out of tokyo. so you can add a day somewhere away from tokyo if using a 14d rail pass. or maybe a 21 day one depending on your day trips while in tokyo. which then you can add more days away from tokyo.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Including kyushu in 20 days trip 2017/11/26 18:55
A 14-day pass costs over 17,000 yen more than a 7-day; that's much more than the price of a Kagoshima-Tokyo (or Kagoshima-Narita) flight. It could be possible to do Tokyo-Kyoto-Hiroshima-Kagoshima within 7 days.
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread