Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Five Lakes: Private Onsen for 2-3 hours 2017/11/27 00:38
Hello everyone

I'm going to Japan next year with my girlfriend. I already visited Japan twice before, but it's the first time for my beloved girlfriend.

Instead of going to Hakone again, where I already enjoyed two different onsens, I'd like to go to Fuji Five Lakes instead this time because I've never been there before.

Could anyone here recommend a few good onsens there?

Important note:
It will be a daily trip, so we won't stay overnight.
It has to be an onsen with private baths for 2-3 hours. This because my girlfriend has tattoos and we can't get access to shared baths.
Price doesn't matter. Just that it has private baths for 2-3 hours to use.

Thanks a lot for any help!! =)

by SwissRene  

Re: Fuji Five Lakes: Private Onsen for 2-3 hours 2017/11/27 15:15
Private baths for a day-time visitor might be difficult, I've seen them only available for staying guests; instead I'd recommend to look for a tattoo friendly onsen. Hakone Tenzan is well-known to allow tattoos but that is still in the Hakone area, no idea about tattoo friendly onsen in Fuji Five Lakes or the rest of Japan but there are many, many onsen areas beyond the Hakone and Fuji Five Lakes area, so I'm sure you find one :-)
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Five Lakes: Private Onsen for 2-3 hours 2017/11/27 15:45
Thank you Jim for your reply =)

That's unfortunate, because I was looking forward to see the Fuji-san from Fuji Five Lakes perspective. But if it's hard to find a private onsen for daytime-use we might go to Hakone again.

Yeah I know Hakone Tenzan, I already visited it once and it was very clean and friendly there. The thing is, my girlfriend is not sure if she's confident enough to go into a public bath alone. That's why I'm looking for a private onsen for daytime-use.

I'll probably choose Hakone Yuryo then, because they have some private onsens for our needs.
by SwissRene rate this post as useful

reply to this thread