Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Loan from bank (or anywhere) with bad credit? 2017/11/30 23:36
I'll explain my situation a bit.

I've been living in Japan for over 8 years, married for over 5 with a Japanese national. I don't have PR yet although I plan on getting it soon.

A few years back, we bought a small car and we were approved for a loan. Unfortunately in those few years, I was in between jobs, working many part time jobs but not steadily and because of that, was late on many of the payments and credit card payments as well. We ended up paying everything but because of the lateness and other problems, I think my credit suffered quite a bit.

As of now, I have a steady full time job with benefits and everything is going OK. The problem is though that now we bought a new car and our loan application was rejected. We tried going to many banks but still, no luck. We've been trying to find other methods but everything seems to be connected to our credit score which isn't all that great at the moment.

My question is, is there a bank that some of you have used that have been willing to give you a loan with bad or no credit? Where has been the most successful? Living in Osaka at the moment but haven't been able to find a lot...

Any advice on this issue would be great!
by Albertoa  

Re: Loan from bank (or anywhere) with bad credit? 2017/12/1 11:47
If you are late, or don`t pay your loan it means you will be flagged in the system. This system is accessible by all loan companies. This way they want to prevent missing payments.

I don`t well know your situation, such as if you talked with the loan company when you could not pay. This could make it easier.

There are companies such as PROMISE but the interest is high and they are more strict if you don`t pay back.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Loan from bank (or anywhere) with bad credit? 2017/12/3 20:13
Also - applying at several banks - worsens your credit, since the application itself is also tracked in the central system. Too many applications, and everyone will turn you down. The best way forward is to noy use credit. Simply save enough to buy with cash - purchase a used car that you can afford on what you have saved. Alternatively - rent a car when necessary.
by Paul (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Loan from bank (or anywhere) with bad credit? 2017/12/4 07:45
Your credit history of late payments will remain on the centralized credit information bureaus for one to five years, during which you might find it difficult to get a new credit card or a loan approved.
I suggest not to go to loan sharks with high interest, but to wait it out until the not-so-good record clears.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Loan from bank (or anywhere) with bad credit? 2017/12/4 19:50
I was a month late paying my 50,000 Yen SMBC Visa card six years ago and I still canft get another card, let alone any type of loan. Good luck!
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread