Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

sagano, kinkakuji, kiyomizudera 2017/12/1 20:59
i want to go kyoto from osaka for: sagano sightseeing train, kinkakuji and kiyomizudera. what's the best order to go first, second and third, considering effective travel time and travel cost cost?
for sagano sightseeing which route i should take, saga to kameoka or kameoka to saga?
thanks in advance for your help.
by Amanchen  

Re: sagano, kinkakuji, kiyomizudera 2017/12/2 09:03
It depends on where in Osaka you will be travelling from.

I would do the following:

Osaka - (Hankyu Railway) - Arashiyama/Sagano - (taxi) - Kinkakuji - (bus) - Kiyomizudera - (walk and Hankyu; or Keihan Railway and possibly JR) - Osaka

for sagano sightseeing which route i should take, saga to kameoka or kameoka to saga?

On busy days, it is a good trick to travel kameoka to saga. But on not-so-busy days or if you also want to to the river cruise, I recommend saga to kameoka.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: sagano, kinkakuji, kiyomizudera 2017/12/2 10:46
I would go with the above transport options. But I would reverse the route taken.

Kiyomizudera opens at 6 am, where the Sagano railway's first train is at 9 am. So you can start your day 3 hours early hitting the temples first.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: sagano, kinkakuji, kiyomizudera 2017/12/2 13:30
i found out about hankyu tourist pass, can it be used on Hankyu-Senri Line? i will start from nippombashi station, so i'll need to take hankyu senri before i take hankyu kyoto at awaji station.
by Amanchen rate this post as useful

reply to this thread