Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport between Kawaguchiko and Hakone 2017/12/8 22:40
Hi,

I'm just a little confused with the buses at the moment.

I will be travelling from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko by bus and stay for 2 nights. After Kawaguchiko, I'll be heading to Hakone by bus for a night before heading to Kyoto.

To get to Hakone, is this best done by catching a bus from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba, and then catching another bus from Gotemba to Hakone Yumoto?
Are all these buses covered by the Fuji Hakone pass and are there luggage compartments for these buses or am I better off using luggage forwarding from Kawaguchiko to Hakone?

Advice will me much appreciated or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to go about this.

Thanks
by ib (guest)  

Re: Transport between Kawaguchiko and Hakone 2017/12/10 15:04
Hi,

Unfortunately Ifm not so familiar with Hakone area, but I think your plan is appropriate.
BTW, the bus company from Kawaguchiko to Hakone Yumoto, from Hakone Yumoto to Odawara, and from Odawara to Kyoto are different.

According the transportation rule, you can check your luggage that the sum of width, height and breadth is 100cm (39in).

I hope this helps. :)
by Sachie Skyberry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport between Kawaguchiko and Hakone 2017/12/14 23:51
Good day,

I have done kawaguchiko to hakone before via the buses using the Fuji Hakone Pass.
The buses are covered.

Bus from Hakone -- Gotemba stn or Premium outlet are serviced by Hakone Tozan (Bus code G & S) or Odakyu Highway Bus (Bus code W).
Bus from Gotemba Premium outlet/ Stn -- Kawaguchiko is serviced by Fujikyu bus.

Firstly, both buses have NO storage compartment nor I suggest luggage forwarding in this case due to the delivery time for the luggages, which might take 2-3 days to deliver to another area, unless expedited and priority forwarding.

May I suggest a third option of repacking your clothing in the smallest bag/suitcase for the 3 days u are in these areas, & forward the rest of them straight to Kyoto.

Can tell you that traversing from Hakone to Kawaguchiko requires Careful planning (Bus timetables) and the journey itself can actually be quite tiring. Do take note of the bus code I mentioned for the Gotemba to Hakone section.

If you need more information, I can try provide with some here

Best of luck.
by Ray Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread