Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Data calls 2017/12/21 18:24
Japan is a hugely technology-advanced country, wondering if there are any ways to make calls using mobile data instead of phone minutes? (e.g. any apps)

A few of the companies or hotels I will need to contact during my trip only has a local phone number, if I can call them using my mobile data with prepaid wifi then I do not need to pay extra.
by newyeartravel (guest)  

Re: Data calls 2017/12/22 11:06
I put credit on skype and use for calls - is that an option for you?
by ktb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Data calls 2017/12/22 11:58
I make voip calls with Line as my default (I can make regular calls too, but Line works very well).
There are lots of apps - I have also used skype, facebook, , whatsapp (since deleted - lousy terms of use), and none of these are country specific. I also know there are things like facetime and many of these options provide video not just voice.
Because these are not Japan specif, so not sure about the question unless you come from a country with unreliable networks.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread