Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tottori bamboo forest? 2017/12/27 00:37
Recently I watched a Vlog on youtube and noticed that there is a little bamboo forest (like in Kyoto but not crowded) in Tottori (or nearby, Taikyuji station?). Unfortunately I couldn't figure out yet where this place is and how to get there. Must be somewhere where it's possible to walk on old train tracks. Does anyone know about it, the name and how to get there? Thanks a lot for your help.
by Matt (guest)  

Re: Tottori bamboo forest? 2017/12/27 03:28
Could it be Funaoka Chikurin Park (Funaoka Bamboo grove Park), which is not near any rail track?
http://www.town.yazu.tottori.jp/2162.htm

Bamboo groves can be found everywhere in Japan, but most are not maintained as well as the one in Arashiyama, Kyoto. Taikyuji is surrounded by woods, so it would not be surprising if there is a patch of bamboo grove nearby.

by Bu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tottori bamboo forest? 2018/1/2 04:25
Was it Internationally Me’s video? :D

The bamboo forest should be near the start of the hiking trail from the old Taikyuji Station, according to this blog: http://poona20002000.seesaa.net/article/396300398.html

For the location of Taikyuji itself, look up 旧国鉄倉吉線廃線跡トレッキング on google maps.

How to get to Taikyuji though? Taikyuji Station isn't in operation anymore and is quite remote now, so you’ll have to go first to Kurayoshi Station (Sanin Main Line, between Yonago and Tottori cities) and then take a Nihon Kotsu bus from there (42 minutes). Get off at 「泰久寺」 bus stop (“Taikyuji”). It may be a good idea to ask someone who works at the station to point you to the bus.

While you’re in Kurayoshi, you can also check out the Shirakabe Warehouses and Hahaki Shrine!
by FancyLampshade rate this post as useful

Re: Tottori bamboo forest? 2018/1/2 19:41
Thank you so much to both of you for your replies.
@FancyLampshade: It's exactly this place. Thanks a lot as well for the guidance to get there. I didn't know that it is that far from tottori and quite difficult to arrange (most is in japanese only). We are planning a day trip from Kyoto to Tottori so it might be too much for one day. But will have a look in to it again.
by Matt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tottori bamboo forest? 2018/1/3 02:04
There are actually a few bamboo forests in Kyoto other than the Arashiyama one, much less crowded and more pleasant. You can try the bamboo forest behind Fushimi Inari Shrine, which was empty when I went at 10am despite the shrine itself being packed.
by FancyLampshade rate this post as useful

reply to this thread