Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/27 09:38
Hi

How can I tell my bank:

"I'd like to stop/cancel all my standing orders. The final payment for (i.e. NTT; Water; Gas; Electric) should be March, and (i.e. NHS in February)."

Thank you!

by Jo (guest)  

Re: How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/27 19:59
In other words, "I don't want to pay the bills I owe?"
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/27 20:25
Firas

You REALLY are a piece of work!

I've noted your sarcastic comments on recent threads and you are just outrageously rude and superior.

FYI these S.Os will be paid by a different bank. I'm switching banks!!!
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/27 21:02
FYI these S.Os will be paid by a different bank. I'm switching banks!!!

Then THAT is the information they (NTT; Water; Gas; Electric) and we need instead of the fact that you want payment canceled. You can't just tell them to cancel it without explaining what's going to happen with your future bills. Firas may be sarcastic, but in fact he's usually spot on.

What you need to say is:
引き落とし口座を3月に変更したいです。(hikiotoshi-kouza o san-gatsu ni henkou shitaidesu)
whiich means "I would like to change my bank in March."

Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/27 22:12
if you want to change the payments from bank A to bank B, you don't need to inform to both banks.
you have to tell the change to NTT, gas, etc. companies.
the payment order to bank A will be automatically canceled, and the new payment order will be charged to bank B. (the two payment orders never happen to both banks.)
there is no cancellation system. you can't cancel your payment through banks.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/28 16:23
Ken "you can't cancel your payment through banks"

Really? Why? I've done it before. Why would you not be able to? Maybe you want to change to paying at Conbini or a dozen other reasons.

In any case, are you really saying a bank would require or demand a reason for wishing to cancel these payments? Isn't it their job just to process transactions according to your instructions (so long as no illegal goings-on, of course)?
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/28 17:17
In any case, are you really saying a bank would require or demand a reason for wishing to cancel these payments?

Of course it would demand a reason for wishing to cancel these payments. The process would be different depending on whether you want to change banks, change to payment other than through banks, changing phone/water/gas/electricity companies (such as when moving to another part of Japan), or moving abroad. And back to the topic, the translation would be different.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: How to cancel bank standing orders? 2017/12/30 23:46
banks can "intermediate" the paperwork for changing the bank payment. the bank sends the document, you wrote, to the corresponding companies, instead of you.
the bank will not change the payment.
if you take the paperwork not to pay the money at the bank, it simply means that you don't want to pay the bill, as Firas wrote.
there are two ways:
1. tell the company and take the paperwork.
2. you may ask the bank, at which you want to "start" a new payment, to intermediate the paperwork to the company.
you don't need to take any paperwork at the old bank.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread