Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Night Dining in Takayama 2018/1/3 13:27
I will be in Takayama in Feb 2018. I will be going to Shirakawago for a day and be back around 8 at night. Is there any restaurant open for dinner at night during the winter? What is the operating hours for dinner ?
Appreciate your kind advice. Thank you so much.
by mummyrabiit (guest)  

Re: Night Dining in Takayama 2018/1/3 16:48
It's been quite a while since I was in Takayama but I doubt it has changed much. I am sure others will correct me if my information is out of date. I found that everything shut very early and didnt open till quite late. I would advise either having your main meal during the day in Shirakawago or eating at your accommodation if that is possible.

Having said that I have just been on the Takayama Minshuku association website & found this list of restaurants. Maybe one of these would be suitable. http://www.hida-yado.net/html/shop1.html I would always tell people visiting Takayama to at least consider staying in one of these minshuku as they are much nicer than an impersonal hotel.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Night Dining in Takayama 2018/1/3 17:17
Thank you very much for your advice.
by mummyrabbit (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread