Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawaguchiko bus without daypass 2018/1/3 18:25
I'm visiting Kawaguchiko area for 3 days, and according to the bus operator site, the only prices available is for 2-day passes.
http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/heritage-tour/detail/id/1/

On the day of checkout I won't be needing a brand new 2-day pass. That'd be silly, and very expensive. So I was wondering if it's possible to also use those buses like normal buses where you get a numbered ticket, and pay in cash upon getting off.

I'm staying at the Route-Inn Hotel, and as I understand it, they don't provide a shuttle service to the station, hence my question for the regular bus service.
by thany  

Re: Kawaguchiko bus without daypass 2018/1/4 06:38
If you look at the PDF map it says you can pay 1-way fare by cash. It doesn't list the fares, so I suppose you can ask them while you are riding it earlier in the week and then decide if buying a pass for day 3 is worthwhile.
by Mr. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko bus without daypass 2018/1/4 10:11
Yes, last time I ask the counter information, they said if you don't want to buy 2 day pass, you can pay to the driver bus, depends on route you ride.
by Aidan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko bus without daypass 2018/1/4 17:21
Excellent, just what I wanted to hear.
Thank you :)
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko bus without daypass 2018/1/6 05:19
Fujikyu has fare charts for the Omni Bus lines on their Japanese website: http://www.yamanashibus.com/omnibus. For example, expect a fare of 220 yen between the Kawaguchi-ko Station and Asagawa Onsen Town stops.

It's also worth noting that, at least when I was there in November 2016, the buses do not accept IC cards (Suica, Pasmo, etc.). I don't know if this has changed, but I would carry plenty of small change just in case.
by SpyHunter29 rate this post as useful

Re: Kawaguchiko bus without daypass 2018/1/8 03:56
Thank you, that will come in handy!

Carrying cash isn't an issue in Japan, as most things are paid by cash anyway, afaik. And I assume the cash terminal in the bus also has a receptacle to exchange money into smaller coins, as they always do.
by thany rate this post as useful

reply to this thread