Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

One Month Self-Driving 2018/1/11 12:04
Hello everyone, i'm planning to go to Japan from 14th July till 20th August. I'm planning to self-drive this time as it would provide me more flexibility to go off the beaten track (as I've been going to Japan for every major school holiday for the past 10 years), i'd just like to ask you for information about the driving situation during Obon.
I plan to pick up the rental car from Odawara on 19th July and return it on 17th August.
I'd most likely be heading from west to east, guessing it would be from Tottori onwards to Odawara from around 13th August. Would I be looking at a huge traffic jam if i do the Nagoya-Odawara stretch on 17th August?
Thanks.
by Veek  

Re: One Month Self-Driving 2018/1/17 20:15
Would I be looking at a huge traffic jam if i do the Nagoya-Odawara stretch on 17th August?

Obon will end 15th August (Wed) and 17th is not the weekend so you will have no problem in this day. But you should take care on 10th to 12th and 15th for the traffic.

by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: One Month Self-Driving 2018/3/1 21:30
Thanks!
Sorry I missed out on your reply.

I have another question Ifd like to ask. Ifm thinking of renting an EV. Are electric car charging stations easy to find on the expressways? Or in general?
Manny thanks!
by Veek rate this post as useful

reply to this thread