Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/11 15:46
My potential employer applied my COE first week of December 2017, how long it will take to get my COE? Has anyone had their recently approved COEs please tell us your experience. Cheers!
by Poi (guest)  

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/12 19:30
most wait 3 months
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/14 01:10
Normally COE takes 6 weeks to process , but that's not a fixed number. There are people who got it in a month and there are some who got in 3 months too. You can ask your employer to chase for status of your application.
by Ravi26hr rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/22 08:30
Employer applied for my COE in late December, heard my results about 5 weeks later earlier this month. Was crazy fast considering the holidays, but I believe it was due to my company being quite big and having sponsored many foreigners before.
Good luck with your results. Don't stress! You will get it.
by jpus (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/22 11:22
Thanks for all the replies, really appreciated.

jpus, Congrats for getting your COE within 5 weeks that's really great. Hopefully I can get mine soonest. Its 7 weeks now. I will keep you updated guys.. Cheers!
by Poi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/25 15:34
Hi poi ,
Even my application was submitted on first week of Dec .
No update as is now .
by G (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/26 08:55
All, as clearly mention on the immigration site it can take up to 3 months, which means it can be fast or it can be longer. It depends case by case. All you can do is sit and wait. If you really want to know some information about the process call immigration directly.

Also if you do a quick search on this topic you will find a lot of information in this site since it has been asked so often and the answer is always the same
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/1/26 14:25
My employer applied for my COE on 27th Oct 2017.. Now its gonna be 3 months tomorrow..
Till now no any response.
No one can say how much time it takes..
All i listened is, now a days it takes more than 3 months.. Some of my buddy got their in 3 weeks.. And Some are still waiting since 4 months..
So, Keep calm and wait..
by Manoz bh rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/2/23 15:28
Hey guys,
did anyone of you get the COE recently?

my employer applied on 4th of January so it's been almost 2 months now.
Do you think there is any chance of getting declined?

Please guide me
by shubham2144 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: All about COE application in Japan 2018/2/23 21:56
Yes you can be declined.
But serieus if you check the former posts and you check by yourself the immigration site you will find out that it takes around 3 months, can belong can be shorter. If you have questions, why you do not ask your employeer to contact immigration or do contact by yourself.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

reply to this thread