Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Lake Kawaguchi to Kanazawa? 2018/1/14 03:03
Hello,

I'll be traveling to Japan from 6-18 April for the blooming of Cherry Blossoms with three other matured women (in their 60s). Below is my proposed itinerary and I need some advice on parts of my trips below:

DAY 1 (7 APR) – TOKYO
DAY 2 (8 APR) – TOKYO
DAY 3 (9 APR) – TOKYO
DAY 4 (10 APR) – MT. FUJI
DAY 5 (11 APR) – MT. FUJI
DAY 6 (12 APR) – KANAZAWA
DAY 7 (13 APR) – KANAZAWA (Shirakawago)
DAY 8 (14 APR) – KYOTO
DAY 9 (15 APR) – KYOTO
DAY 10 (16 APR) – OSAKA (NARA)
DAY 11 (17 APR) – OSAKA

Question 1:
What's the most convenient way to go from Lake Kawaguchi to Kanazawa? Other than train, is there a highway bus? And approximately how much it costs?
Some people said I should go back to Tokyo first, then go to Kanazawa. Do you think this is a better way to Kanazawa?

Question 2:
The last 4 days in Japan, we plan to spend it in Kyoto, Nara and Osaka. Would you suggest that we stay in Osaka for the whole 4 days and take the train to Kyoto and Nara? Or should we stay 2 days in Kyoto and 2 days in Osaka?
When I entered the destinations on Google map, it shows that it takes 1 hour from Osaka to Kyoto. However, some people mentioned that it only takes 15-30 minutes from Osaka to Kyoto. Could you please clarify?

Thank you so much for your kind assistance.
by VSUN  

Re: Lake Kawaguchi to Kanazawa? 2018/1/14 09:17
Kawaguchiko to Kanazawa. Train via matsumoto and nagano or bus via matsumoto and takayama and shirakawago.

Kyoto to Osaka stations is 22 to 28 minutes depending on service. But is you need teansit time to access those stations. Yeah you could see uo to 45 to 60 minutes in total, but unlikely.

Accommodation at one location makes sense. Pick whichever location best suit you needs. Kyoto Osaka Nara are all easily accessed from each other.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Kawaguchi to Kanazawa? 2018/1/14 11:00
Question 1. My friend and I are organising a similar trip in May. There is a highway bus from Kawaguchi to Takayama (4 and a half hours). We are having two nights in Takayama and then taking a guided bus tour to Shirakawago which ends in Kanazawa. A night in Kanazawa and then a late night rail trip, after a days sightseeing, to Kyoto. Re question 2 , I would use Kyoto as a base but it depends on if you want temples, history and cherry blossoms as opposed to the big city vibe of Osaka. Do some research on Yoshino.
by Lulu290 rate this post as useful

Re: Lake Kawaguchi to Kanazawa? 2018/1/15 05:24
Unfortunately there is no quick way to make that journey.

By bus, you can take a bus from Mt. Fuji to Takayama, which is almost 5 hours. And then from there you can take another bus that is 2 hours 15 minutes. So you are looking at 7 hours plus transfer time. It would cost a total of 8400 yen for the trip.

There is a direct Shinkansen from Tokyo or Ueno station to Kanazawa. So you could ride the bus to Tokyo Station and then get on the bullet train to Kanazawa. Total is about 2 hours on Bus to Tokyo and 2.5-3 hours from Tokyo to Kanazawa. This would cost about 16000 yen, unless you had a JR pass, in which case the bus is only 1800.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread