Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fukuoka Apartment Rental Costs 2018/1/14 23:03
Hi All,

There is a small chance that I might be living in Fukuoka later in the year. I used to live in Yokohama so am aware of the Yokohama/Tokyo prices from a couple of years ago.

I'm a single male that will be looking for a single/two bedroom apartment (50 m2) probably on the Subway Airport Line. Does anyone have any very general ballpark figures of how much apartments cost per month (in yen of course) so I've got an idea when I go for interviews....
by mfedley  

Re: Fukuoka Apartment Rental Costs 2018/1/15 15:25
it depend on your choice .. just about 30 to 50k per month but if want brown new house the price might go up
with other deposit 150,000 to 200000yen
http://www.bestroom-fukuokachintai.com/ use google to translate it
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka Apartment Rental Costs 2018/1/15 15:57
I always found this page very useful to get a first impression as you can select a lot of conditions, such as heating, balcony...

https://www.homes.co.jp/

I do not remember but there might be an English version of it.

Enjoy your life in Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka Apartment Rental Costs 2018/1/15 15:58
First of All,Welcome to Fukuoka .I will give you rough idea on Tourist view point.
But your stay may be on residence,work visa.
My room cost=1347~ x30 Days=40410~
81's Inn Fukuoka - Hostel=3-8-15, Hakataeki Higashi, Fukuoka 812-0013 Japan
My Food cost=1530~ x30 Days=45900~,unlimited Food and Drinks, per entry cost
Sweets Paradise sV_2-11-1 6F
My travel cost=Unlimited subway 2 Day pass=720~
My shopping cost=500~ x30 Days=15000~
From 100~ shop.
Hope this will help.
by ria (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka Apartment Rental Costs 2018/1/15 21:13
Thanks for the info everyone. It seems as though I should be able to get a reasonable place for around 100,000 yen a month - which is a lot cheaper than Yokohama and Tokyo. I'd be looking to stay for a while - 2 year contracts.

I'm aware of the costs of setting up are prohibitively expensive, but living in Japan is not that expensive once you set up. I also will now sleep on a good quality futon now after buying one for my last place in Japan....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka Apartment Rental Costs 2018/1/15 23:53
IF you really relocate to Japan , I will be looking forward to a lot more of your nice posts about traveling in Japan.

Wishing you all the best (whatever you or life decides for you).
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Fukuoka Apartment Rental Costs 2018/1/16 01:38
Thanks for the kind words LikeBike.

I'm about to go to an International Teacher Job Fair in London later in the week. There are 600+ teachers attending with 160 schools from 60 or so different countries. Europe is my first choice - but a school in Fukuoka has contacted me for a possible interview. I've visited Fukuoka a couple of times and it's a very livable city.

Even though I have travelled around Kyushu and Chugoku, there are still plenty of places I still need to visit....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread