Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Owakudani and Ropeway 2018/1/18 21:20
Hi, My family is planning travel in Hakone. But I see there is information saying that the ropeway to take trips to Owakudani is out off service. So I want to know how I can travel to Owakudani.
thank you
by kwan (guest)  

Re: Owakudani and Ropeway 2018/1/19 10:58
Been back in service a long time. No issues accessing Owakudani.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani and Ropeway 2018/1/19 11:42
While it is true that the ropeway is riding again, there is still an off limits area around Owakudani station.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5223.html

Unfortunately you are currently no longer allowed to walk on to the sulfuric, bubbling fields.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Owakudani and Ropeway 2018/1/19 12:02
Sometimes the ropeway is out of service if the level of sulfuric gas emitted by Owakudani is too high. There's usually a bus that goes to Owakudani from Sounzan station if the ropeway isn't running.
Also, sometimes the ropeway won't run in the morning or afternoon due to the gas, but will start again if the gas level goes down. Ask around at the station on the day you want to go, and the people working there should know what's going on. I was there a few weeks ago and on the day I wanted to take the ropeway, it wasn't running and there were signs in English and station employees there to explain everything.
by sarah (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread