Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa options for my girlfriend 2018/1/25 01:08
Hi,

I'm moving to Japan next month as a highly skilled immigrant so my Visa is not a problem. However, I would like to move with my girlfriend and we are looking into our options.

She is Polish citizen, 26 years old, no university degree and no Japanese language skills. I'm Argentinean, 30 years old.

We are not married and we do consider marriage as a last resort but we would prefer to avoid it.

Also a Working holiday is not an option because it requires her to have at least USD 2000 in her bank account and a return flight and full-time working is not allowed.

Can anybody advice us?

In case of last resort, how difficult would be for us getting married in Japan and what are the steps to change the visa status for her once done?

Thank you very much in advance!
Gabriel.
by smartbackpacker  

Re: Visa options for my girlfriend 2018/1/25 11:54
90 day temp stay visa is about all the options you have.

no job, no skills, no money, no marriage. just about all other long stay visas are out of the question.
by hakata14 rate this post as useful

Re: Visa options for my girlfriend 2018/1/25 14:25
Agree with Hakata. The only other option is for her to get a student visa eg for studying Japanese.
I also got married some years ago in preparation of a move to Japan.
Regarding marriage, I donft know about marriage in Japan, but would advise to marry before in the country where you are currently or where one of the two is from, as you will understand the procedure better.

You left it for quite late to worry about her visa. She might need to stay initially on a 90 day tourist visa if you want to be together.

Enjoy your life in Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Visa options for my girlfriend 2018/1/26 08:42
Sorry to say but no option for her.
Since you both are not married and she does not have any skills to get a visa.
Only option for her is to find a sponsor but that is difficult. But it is a change to give
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Visa options for my girlfriend 2018/1/26 12:23
See point 6 of below web page.
If your salary is more than 10M and you are on HSP visa, you are allowed to bring a maid, even a polish maid

I am not suggesting anything but since you asked for options ....

http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/newimmiact_3/en/preferential/index.html
by ..... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa options for my girlfriend 2018/1/26 12:51
"The relevant domestic worker has been employed by the highly-skilled foreign professional for at least one year before entering Japan."
They will ask for the proof.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa options for my girlfriend 2018/1/26 13:21
if your girl friend can`t save $2000 in her bank account . student visa is not an option. need more money as a student.

best way : she should build her financial status then come as Working Holidays visa.
by chike20 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread