Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Using the 7 Days JR pass for other uses 2018/1/26 00:14
I intend to purchase the 7 Days JR pass and seem fairly clear on its use for Rail Journeys in Japan.
However, I would like to know if this pass can be used for any other journeys like the Bus travels in Tokyo, Kanazawa - Shirakwago-Takayama trip or in Kyoto, Hiroshima or Osaka areas.
Inputs appreciated with Thanks
by Kisse13  

Re: Using the 7 Days JR pass for other uses 2018/1/26 12:31

if this pass can be used for any other journeys like the Bus travels
I have used the pass for some JR buses, you need to check this information for the areas you are visiting.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using the 7 Days JR pass for other uses 2018/1/26 12:40
There are some non-rail services that accept the JR Pass, yes. Read the conditions of the pass (available on this website and through a Google search) for specific details.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using the 7 Days JR pass for other uses 2018/1/27 03:36
It works on JR buses, but not Express JR buses. Meaning it can't really be used to get between cities and most cities have their own bus network that isn't JR. So it's very limited and probably won't be useful to most people for bus travel.

Here's more detail: https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/common-questions/which-bus-lines-are-a...

It also works on the ferry to Miyajima, which can save you 500y.
by Me2 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Using the 7 Days JR pass for other uses 2018/1/27 04:41
It also works for the BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) from Yanaizu to Kesennuma on the old Kesennuma Line. The rail line between the stations was destroyed by the tsunami on March 11, 2011 and vast portions of the rail line were paved over and now a bus service operates between these two stations. Since it was a one track line, the bus is the only vehicle allowed to operate on the portions of the bus route that actually use the old rail line. There are stations along the way where one bus will stop to let the bus from the opposite direction travel by. It joins Route 45 in some places and it uses conventional roads when needed. The JR Pass works for this bus route if you wish to visit Minamisanriku from Ishinomaki or Kesennuma.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread