Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying cellphone/electronics 2018/1/30 00:39
Hi guys,

Im leaving in three days (i know always late with the questions), this time i want to know where to buy a mobile phone + an ebook reader, which is the better place to buy? Im going to stay in 4 main cities, nagoya, tokyo, kyoto and osaka, so i could go anywhere in those places, also which are the prices?

Im from argentina and technology in here costs A LOT, i have read that cellphones are sim locked and that u have to pay for the removal of those, but i believe even with that extra cost, the mobile phone will be cheaper that in here, thanks everybody!
by Martinalejam  

Re: Buying cellphone/electronics 2018/1/30 15:46
Not all cellphones are sim locked. If you are looking for an iPhone if you buy it at an official Apple store it isnft.
I would guess that BIC Camera or Yodobashi Camera are a good starting point. Or Akihabara in Tokyo. But I am no expert on that. With your passport youfll be able to buy mostly tax free. But you might need to pay taxes when entering Argentina.

Enjoy your last few days in Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread